Market Rep Job Description & Application
Our businesses are growing & we need your help!
We've joined up with two other Austin-based, women-owned brands in looking for a pool of go-to go-getters to run our booths at local markets. This customer-facing role gives you the unique opportunity to represent three awesome women owned brands, while putting your creative talents to work.
You'll be responsible for transport, set up, selling, and tear down of event booths, giving you hands-on experience in everything from merchandising to customer service. You’ll have the opportunity to represent several different brands (don’t worry, just one per market). You must be able to speak knowledgeably about what makes the brand unique - we'll train you, of course!
What we're looking for:
- Some previous retail experience preferred. Experience with Square and/or Shopify POS helpful.
- Charismatic & comfortable engaging with customers.
- Dependable & timely.
- Located in or near Austin.
- Available to work weekends with 5 - 8 hr shifts. We'll have a list of upcoming markets for you to choose from. There is definitely a seasonality to market seasons with greater frequency in Spring & Holiday Seasons.
- Access to a vehicle that can transport foldable tables, inventory, clothing racks & sometimes tents. Need will vary based on brand & market.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. You’ll be responsible for loading inventory, display items & tables in & out of markets.
- Able to merchandise a booth according to visual instructions while also thinking flexibly as each booth can have it’s own individual challenges to figure out such as adapting to a smaller size, random pole, or weird hallway set up.
Pay is $15 an hour or 10% of sales, whichever is more.
Paid time includes an hour for set up & an hour for breakdown.
Freeleaf - a social enterprise providing employment and holistic care to at-risk and previously abused or exploited women in Asia and Austin.
Kathy Phantastic - hand-illustrated watercolor stickers, pet portraits, stationery & magnets for foodies & animal lovers.
Purse & Clutch - ethically handmade handbags creating sustainable, living wage jobs for artisans in Mexico & Ethiopia.